SurveyMonkey is an online tool that allows users to easily design surveys, collect responses, and analyze results. At a basic level, the tool is free, although if you want you can choose from three different paid plans for extra features. The basic plan offers an unlimited number of surveys, 10 questions each, 100 responses per survey.
Within SurveyMonkey, you can choose from 15 different question types, including the basic multiple choice and open-ended question types. SurveyMonkey also provides users with a question bank of certified questions written by survey methodologists. These can be searched by categories or keywords, and imported into your own quizzes.
If you have questions about how to use SurveyMonkey, check out their detailed list of tutorials here, or watch the video below:
Now that you have a better idea of what SurveyMonkey is, here are seven ways to use it in your own classroom!
- Pre-assess students on previous knowledge
- Learn about students’ interests/hobbies
- Create end of course evaluations
- Generate classroom discussions
- Practice test taking skills
- Check for understanding after difficult lessons
- Evaluate students’ or educators’ technology literacy
Happy surveying! 🙂