One of the most important parts of setting the tone for a new school year is reaching out to families and building a mutual relationship that can support student growth at home and at school. Thanks to technology, connecting with families can be less time-consuming and more convenient.
Here’s 6 ways to reach out to families on the first day of school:
- Create a Remind101 group so that you can update families via text message about upcoming events, big deadlines, and classroom news.
- Create an Edmodo group for your class and show parents how they can use the platform to access news, student grades, and turned-in assignments.
- Build a classroom website and share the link with families!
- Reach out to parents with a Google Form or SurveyMonkey survey that collects important contact information and sets the tone for communication.
- Email parents a list of resources they can use to help students with their homework throughout the year.
- Use WeJoinIn to create a parent volunteer signup sheet so families can get involved in the classroom.