Do you remember in elementary school when your teacher would pull a popsicle stick out of a jar at random with a student’s name on it? And that was the student who was chosen to read their story or feed the goldfish or go to recess first?
Well, I still used popsicle sticks in my high school classroom. After all, it’s still the most fair way to decide which student is chosen! But, of course, being the owner of a blog called TeachBytes, I had to amp up my strategy to the 21st century.
Here are 5 modern name generators:
- Spinning Wheel Name Picker – This one is simple, easy-to-use, and really great for projecting. Students (especially younger ones) love watching the wheel spin and the suspense of who it will land on.
- Random Name Picker – Very simple, not the most visually fun, but gets to the point fast.
- ABCYa Name Picker – Another fun visual one, especially for younger students! It has sound effects too, so turn those speakers up when you use it.
- Ninja Name Picker – Who doesn’t love ninjas? This one is also simple, has a fun ninja theme, and uses fading colors for a cool visual effect.
- Fruit Machine Picker – This one is simple, but makes it look like a casino fruit machine! It also has a typewriter theme for a more simplistic visual.